Tuesday, June 4, 2013

looking ahead

“We have to be braver than we think we can be, because God is constantly calling us to be more than we are.” 
-Madeleine L'Engle

things I am excited for:
-being outside of this American middle class suburban bubble.
-bringing together art & activism, two parts of myself which are not yet acquainted.
-learning from the staff at Mosoj Yan about caring for at-risk young women.
-applying this abundance of classroom knowledge about development, culture, and healing/counseling ministry to some real life experience.
-befriending and journeying with the young women at Mosoj Yan, as well as the staff and the host family I will be living with.
-walking alongside the 25 other HNGR interns in our separate journeys over the next six months (and coming back and getting to hear each others' stories at the end!).

things to pray for:
-For safe travels and an open mind to new and challenging experiences as I transition to life in Bolivia.
-For this photography idea, that it would be a source of healing & expression for the young women at Mosoj Yan (and that I would somehow manage to articulately teach in Spanish. Yikes!).
-For God to continue teaching me about grace and how to give it.

I have already experienced such immense support from the communities I am part of here in the States, and for that I am grateful. Truly, it is such an encouragement.

p.s. you can find the other HNGR interns' blogs at www.hngr2013.com

1 comment: